2008年2月13日 星期三

[Career Explorer]plz help

http://forums.businessweek.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?msg=69281.1&nav=messages&webtag=bw-bschools
Q:
hey...... i am in my second year of graduation, pursuing hospitality mngm. from RMI, affiliated by Thames Valley University, London (one of the best schools for HM in U.K.). I want to know whether my college will be considered when i aplly for an MBA in any UK/US B-school (as it is affiliated by a foriegn university with its campus in India and the degree is not recognized by AICTE, Indian government but recognized globally). I have 1 year work exp. with Hilton group of hotels as a trainee and has 6 months w/e in a call centre and in a cargo trading company. I also did 20 weeks of charity and have won a lot of cerificates for cricket, drama and various other extracurricular activities. I wish to appear for the GMAT in my fourth year (2008) and get more w/e after giving my GAMT as we can apply on the basis of five year old scores. I'll be grateful to you if you can help me in any way and tell me from your experience that whether or not i'm going in a right direction and what else is there that i need to do.......????

A:
Simply work at least 2 years longer. So far you only have preliminary work exp that has very limited inspiration on your managerial capacity.

Don't worry about your school name as long as it's a internationally recognized.
You have great opportunity if you're passionate in hospitality industry since you got a decent degree in the field and a prestigious training program in the field. Also you have the front-line customer relationship management experience in a call center. The only thing is why you transferred to a less related cargo industry. And why you want to pursue an MBA in this timeframe.

You also need to depict why you dedicated in charity activities and what's the meaning of those certificates for your career or for your life. Then find out what's the relevance to the MBA program.

Find out your career passion, set up your career objectives, find out the gap between ideal and now, the the fit MBA programs will emerge by themselves.
David

沒有留言: